Untuk para pengguna Windows Insider mungkin sudah tidak asing lagi dengan update KB5000842 karena memang update ini sudah dirilis beberapa waktu lalu untuk mereka, termasuk untuk Insider Release Preview, dan Beta Channel.
Didalam update ini, perlu diketahui membawa sejumlah perubahan penting, termasuk Dihapusnya Microsoft Edge Legacy di Windows 10, nah selain itu ada juga sejumlah perbaikan lain yang mana dapat kamu lihat pada changelog berikut:
- We fixed an issue with zoom that occurs when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on devices that use multiple high-DPI monitors.
- We enabled administrators to use a Group Policy to enable extended keyboard shortcuts, including Ctrl+S, for users in Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
- We fixed an issue that prevents the icon for a Toast collection from appearing in the Action Center if the icon file’s URI contains spaces.
- We fixed an issue that makes high dynamic range (HDR) screens appear much darker than expected.
- We fixed an issue that causes video playback to be out of sync in duplicate mode when you use multiple monitors.
- We fixed an issue that might cause applications to stop working while you type Japanese characters using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) in compatibility mode.
- We fixed an issue that might cause a device to stop responding during hybrid shutdown.
- We fixed an issue that prevents users from adjusting or turning off the touchpad because of administrative settings.
- We fixed a window rendering issue that causes content in a window to flash frequently when FlipEx is used.
- We fixed a window rendering issue that causes content in a window to flash frequently when multi-plane overlay (MPO) is used.
- We fixed an issue with Japanese input that occurs after focus changes between boxes in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue that displays nothing or shows “Computing Filters” indefinitely when you filter File Explorer search results.
- We fixed an issue that makes the split layout unavailable for the touch keyboard when you rotate a device to portrait mode.
- We informed users when a child account in the Family Safety plan has administrative privileges.
- We fixed an issue that prevents you from closing Toast Notifications using the Close button on touchscreen devices.
- We fixed an issue with a heap leak that might cause explorer.exe to consume high amounts of memory.
- We updated the Volgograd, Russia time zone from UTC+4 to UTC+3.
- We added a new time zone, UTC+2:00 Juba, for the Republic of South Sudan.
- We fixed an issue with the Windows Event Log Forwarding client, which returns the first matching certificate without checking private key permissions. With this update, the Windows Event Log Forwarding client selects the client’s certificate only if the Network Service has read permissions for the private key.
- We fixed an issue that causes PowerShell-based monitors to stop working when you enable transcription on the systems.
- We fixed an issue that stops BranchCache from working if you activate Windows using Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) license.
- We fixed an issue that prevents Windows 10 Home edition devices from upgrading to the Windows 10 Pro Education edition using mobile device management (MDM) services such as Microsoft Intune.
- We fixed an issue that prevents App-V applications from opening and generates error 0xc0000225.
- We fixed an issue in which some machines enrolled with an MDM service fail to sync if the device manufacturer’s name contains a reserved character.
- We fixed an issue with using a configuration service provider (CSP) policy to configure a custom setting for Audit Other Logon/Logoff events. The custom setting fails to take effect.
- We fixed an issue that causes a system to stop working when no Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is present in the system. The error code in TpmTasks.dll!TrackTPMStateChanges is c0000005.
- We fixed an issue that causes multiple instances of exe to run on a system when AppLocker is enabled and the system is not on the internet.
- We fixed an issue with credential roaming when Windows Hello for Business is enabled.
- We fixed an issue that prevents performance monitoring tools from displaying logged data for single instance counter objects.
- We fixed an issue that prevents the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge from working. This issue occurs when Microsoft Edge is used in combination with Microsoft App-V and fonts are enabled inside the virtual environment.
- We fixed an issue that might cause a black screen or delay signing in to Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined machines. Additionally, there is no access to login.microsoftonline.com.
- We fixed an issue that causes the system to stop working and generates error code 0xC9.
- We fixed an issue with 7.1 channel audio technology.
- We fixed an issue that turns on Caps lock unexpectedly when using RemoteApp. 31259510
- We enabled Windows to retrieve updated printer capabilities to ensure that users have the proper set of selectable print options.
- We updated support for hole punch and stapling locations for print jobs with long edge first paper feed direction on certain printers.
- We fixed an issue with high memory usage when performing XSLT transforms using MSXLM6.
- We fixed an issue that might cause File Explorer and other applications to stop responding for several minutes. This issue occurs after a client reconnects to the corporate network and attempts to use mapped drives to access file shares on the corporate network.
- We fixed an issue that prevents Server Message Block 1 (SMB1) clients from accessing the SMB share after restarting the LanmanServer service.
- We fixed an issue that might cause the cluster network interface to stop working for a short time. As a result, the network interface controller (NIC) is marked as failed. When the network is operational again, the system might not detect that the NIC is working and the NIC remains in a failed status.
- We fixed an issue with signing in to a device that is in the current domain by using the default user profile of a device that is in a different, but trusted domain. The profile service of the current domain cannot retrieve the default user profile from the trusted domain and uses the local default user profile instead.
- We fixed an issue that causes a device to stop working if you delete files or folders that OneDrive syncs.
- We fixed an issue that prevents Windows from activating Windows 10, version 2004 using the OA 3.0 key after installing KB4598291.
- We fixed an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- We removed the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and installs the new Microsoft Edge. For more information, see New Microsoft Edge to replace Microsoft Edge Legacy with April’s Windows 10 Update Tuesday release.
- We fixed an issue that prevents users from using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to a Windows Server 2019 device that is in Desktop Experience mode.
- We fixed an issue to allow our enterprise partners to work with the Microsoft Support program to create customized mitigations.
- We fixed an issue that might cause a blue screen when attempting to print to certain printers using some apps and might generate the error, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.
- We fixed an issue with an HTTP Keep-Alive connection in Azure Front Door. After completing a previous request and response to keep the connection open, Azure Front Door will try to reuse the connection. After an idle timeout, a race condition might occur that closes the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connection. As a result, the client might fail with an invalid server response.
- We fixed an issue that causes Remote Desktop sessions to end unexpectedly.
Mengenai update ini, kabar baiknya kamu sekarang sudah bisa menginstallnya secara manual melalui file CAB loh, jadi ini adalah langkah alternatif untuk kamu yang bukan bagian dari Windows Insider, dan ingin segera mendapatkan update ini.
Perlu diketahui juga, update KB5000842 ini ditujukan untuk Windows 10 2004, 20H2 dan 21H1, dimana setelah diinstall akan membawa ekor build 1904X.899.
Nah jika kamu tertarik, kamu bisa mendownload updatenya dari link yang WinPoin sediakan berikut (lapor jika link rusak ya).
Untuk cara instalasinya, kamu sebenarnya dapat mengikuti tutorial yang telah WinPoin tulis berikut, namun singkatnya, kamu hanya perlu membuka Command Prompt as Administrator, selanjutnya silahkan kamu masukkan perintah berikut :
DISM /Online /Add-Package /Packagepath:C:\Users\gylan\Downloads\windows10.0-kb5000842-x64.cab
Catatan : Yang saya tandai warna merah, silahkan kamu sesuaikan.
Setelah proses instalasi dan restart update selesai, maka Windows 10 yang kita gunakan akan langsung mendapatkan build 1904X.899, tepat seperti pada gambar berikut.
Nah silahkan mencoba guys, semoga berhasil.
Referensi : DeskModder